Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hanging in there



If Cliff had lived, he would be 76 years old today.  Today grandson Brandon (right above) emailed pictures from Cliff's birthday last year.

I started a new scrapbook yesterday with mementos of our life together. 


We had so much fun together.  Except for his last several months when he was so ill, I think he was happy.  I want to remember him as he was before he became so ill, and in his five wishes document that is how he said he wanted to be remembered.


Do you have an advance medical directive?  If not, I encourage you to execute one.  The five wishes document is inexpensive.  You can find it at http://www.agingwithdignity.org/five-wishes.php.

Joanie

2 comments:

Clint said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I was "blog surfing" and came across your post. For what it is worth the first year is supposed to be the worst- I don't know if that is much consolation.

Totallyscrappy said...

Losing someone you love is difficult. After my brother died last year I found this quote, "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal."
May God send people to minister to you in this time of mourning.