Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Flower Arranging

Almost two weeks have passed since my last entry. It has been a busy time and somewhat stressful. Now my camera is having intermittent problems. Who was it said "it's always something"? Anyway, thought I'd share some photos of arrangements from recent meetings of my garden club.
The first two photos are arrangements by an ikebana instructor who spoke at one of our recent garden club meetings. Aren't they stunning?




Several times a year we make arrangements in bud vases to take to a local nursing home. The next picture is one of those arrangements:



The next three arrangements are by club members. Each month we have a judging of arrangements entered. I was a member for a year before I had the nerve to even submit an arrangement. Now arranging flowers is one of my favorite activities.










I have learned so much from the talented ladies in the club. But the best thing of all is how nice they are and how much fun it is to get together. Besides our monthly meetings, we get together for lunch occasionally and go on field trips to plant nurseries, notable gardens, and other places of interest.
I also want to say a word of thanks to all the lovely people who have visited Blue Mountain Home and left such nice comments.
Joanie




No comments: