Thursday, August 28, 2008

Isn't it a lovely day to be caught in the rain

What do you do on a rainy day? We welcome it, because we have been under voluntary water restrictions for several weeks. This week, we got rain -- wonderful rain -- and by this morning we had over 2.5 inches. We could use more but are grateful for every drop. Yet there are those who are suffering greatly from too much rain, resulting in flooding. Either situation is dire -- too little results in loss of valuable landscape plants and harsh restrictions on water use, but too much can result in loss, or drastic damage, to one's home.

I spent part of our rainy days checking out some wonderful blogs. Here are excerpts from a few of my many favorites. I will add them as links but don't know how to make a direct link -- would love it if some more experienced and knowledgable bloggers would help me out here.
I love this heading from beehive cottage, and I love the site. Hope you will visit.








Here's a picture from Kelly at Rose Vine Cottage. Lots of great ideas on her site.

















This image is from Kimba at A Soft Place to Land. Isn't this a wonderful name? Don't we all want our homes to be like this?















I love visiting these and other fabulous blog sites and finding new inspiration every day. I am grateful to those of you are willing to share your talents with the rest of us.

Joanie

1 comment:

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Hi Joanie,
Thanks for mentioning my blog and the sweet comments about it too. Your blog is beautiful, I enjoyed looking at all your posts! Hope you had a good holiday weekend(;
Hugs~Kelly