Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lunch on the River





The other day we visited Sanford, FL and went to a little restaurant along the St John's river. This is not a fancy place by any standard, but it is one of our favorite places to go in Central Florida. My sister, her husband, and his sister went with us. Below, my guy faces the camera. River view in background.


Below, my sister (on right), her hubby, and his sister. More river view in background.


This is not a chain restaurant. The food is simple and delicious. I am particularly fond of grouper, a fish that we don't have back home, but it has grown more expensive. Still, I splurged and had a grouper reubin. It may sound weird to some but it was excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to order it again.


The service is not the fastest, but the food is worth waiting for, especially when you're enjoying the breeze and the casual ambience, watching the boats, and are in good company. If you're ever near Sanford, stop in and try it. Shorts, sandles, and t-shirts are appropriate attire, although it was a cooler day when we were there and people dressed accordingly.
Joanie

1 comment:

Pinky said...

Right now we are at my FIL's in Welaka, Fl. on the St. Johns river....can you tell me where this restaurant is? I looked for sanford and it is SOUTH of Welaka, and doesn't look like mit is ion the river...were you in another town for lunch? Can you e-mail me at szpinky@aol.com Thanks!!!! Pinky