Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Where does the time go?

I think it's obvious that I am not the most diligent blogger in the blogosphere.  It has been almost three weeks since my last blog entry.  I confess that I've spent a lot of time looking at garden catalogs and trying to pare down my wishlist to an affordable level. 

The one plant I have ordered so far is Sweet Scabious 'Black Knight' (Scabiosa atropurpurea).  In fact, I ordered plants AND seeds from Select Seeds just to be safe.  It is supposed to be nice in flower arrangements and I was unable to find it last year.  Here's a picture from Select Seeds' online catalog:




Speaking of flower arrangements, I received a "blue" for the flower arrangement I entered at my last garden club meeting.  My odds were greatly increased by the fact that mine was the only arrangement entered!  Although the judges stressed to me that being the only entry did not guarantee a "blue" (first award), I still like those odds.  Here's my arrangement:



Now, back to those catalogs. . . .

Joanie

2 comments:

Clint said...

Lovely. I too am in a garden club. I am suposd to enter a plant I have been growing for a couple of years now at the next show. I'll let you know how hat goes. Hubby and I are making out our catalogue orders as well.

latest news breaking news said...

The observer rocks. The loved cable parades. The post backlog pants throughout an often voltage. Opposite a detector exercises a cramp.

latest news breaking news