Friday, September 4, 2009

What Happened to Summer?




The last time I posted was the 4th of July. Today is the 4th of September. What happened to the two intervening months?

Our lives were touched by surgeries, illness, and medical emergencies (byproducts of growing older), and I have learned that I can do a lot more than I ever thought possible. But I don't want to go into details here. Before all of this happened, I planted some flowers and they pretty much had to fend for themselves, but we had adequate rain until recently. Most of the flowers are annuals and when frost comes they'll be history. Here are a few shots taken today, to record what worked in the summer of 2009:

Hope your summer was lovely with beautiful flowers.

Joanie

1 comment:

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

Thanks for your comment on House of Turquoise!! :)

These flowers are so beautiful. But I'm with you on wondering where the last 2 months went! I'm so sorry to hear that your summer had more than its share of trials. Hopefully things turn around this fall!